Ever since Microgaming designed, developed and rolled out its first online casino game almost 20 years ago, it has evolved into an online casino game powerhouse, with a portfolio that today boasts over 600 games, and thanks to new game releases every month, continues to grow. Its software is available in 24 languages, with multi-currency options for a truly global reach.
History of microgaming
Microgaming Software Systems Ltd is widely considered to be one of the original pioneers of online gambling, when in the mid-1990s, the company founders realized the huge potential of gambling over the internet. From this realization, the first online casino games were developed.
So positive was the response to Microgaming’s earliest internet casino games that the firm began to grow from strength to strength, quickly becoming a benchmark that other firms have tried to follow ever since – like developing both downloadable and instant play flash casino games.
Between then and now, many online casino software vendors have come and gone, but none have continued to flourish and evolve the way Microgaming has. For this reason, Microgaming has licensed its software to more than 120 online casinos – including our host casino – aiming its products and services at regulated markets all over the world.
Microgaming is first and foremost a top tier developer of realistic and lucrative Casino, Mobile, Bingo, Poker, Progressive Jackpot and Live platform games. Its philosophy of regularly rolling out innovative, diverse and high quality games through ongoing product development has paid off in a big way.
Over and above its game development side, Microgaming also offers a host of comprehensive online gambling business solutions, which are recognized as being some of the most innovative, cohesive and all-encompassing available in the industry.
These solutions cover key areas like Registration, Banking, Bonusing & Incentive Management, Acquisition & Sales, Call Centre & Player Management, Business Information, Segmentation, Integration, and Targeted Communication & Promotions.
Since Microgaming started, it has paid out almost €400 million in jackpots, making it the biggest Progressive Jackpot Network in the industry. It also has one of the biggest selections of jackpot games, which are enjoy daily by tens of thousands of online casino fans around the globe.
They are Mega Moolah – Isis, Mega Moolah – Summertime, Mega Moolah – 5 Reel Drive, Major Millions, Roulette Royale, Caribbean Draw Poker, King Cashalot, Cyberstud, Poker Ride, Cash Splash, Treasure Nile, Tunzamunni, Triple 7s, Jackpot Deuces, Lotsaloot, Fruit Fiesta, SupaJax and WowPot.
Microgaming innovations and highlights
- 1990s – Launched Cash Splash slots, the first wide-area progressive jackpot game still hugely popular today.
- 2001 – Named Best Software Supplier and launched first ‘download while playing’ software.
- 2002 – Paid out a record €1.5 million on Major Millions progressive jackpot slot game and named Best System Provider.
- 2003 – Awarded Top Casino Software and launched the still popular Thunderstruck video slots.
- 2004 – A host of its licensees awarded eCOGRA’s Seal of Approval plus granted the exclusive rights to develop Tomb Raider video slots.
- 2005 – Rolled out Golden Goose bonus slots and 100 Power Play multi-hand video poker.
- 2006 – Paid a total of €146 million in progressive jackpots and rolled out 55 new games.
- 2007 – Awarded Best iGaming Software and Best New Business and Programme Development.
- 2008 – Awarded Best iGaming Software as well as Company of the Year, and released Tomb Raider sequel, Secret of The Sword video slots.
- 2009 – Awarded Best iGaming Software, paid out a record €6.37 million to Mega Moolah progressive jackpots slots winner, and rolled out 200 instant play flash games.
- 2010 – Awarded Best iGaming Software and rolled out Thunderstuck II slots and The Lord of the Rings slots.
- 2011 – Released a range of casino games for mobile Android devices and launched the first genuine 3D video slots game.
- 2012 – Awarded Best Casino Software and RNG Casino Supplier of the Year, and rolled innovative new arcade-style games Alien Attack and Max Damage and the Alien Attack.
- 2013 – Awarded a renewed certified software seal by eCOGRA.
Experience and reliability
Microgaming’s track record speaks for itself. After being in business for so many years, it has learned to anticipate the needs of online gamblers fans and operators alike by developing a range of products and services that are innovative, attractive and boast longevity.