Microgaming offers some of the most innovative slots available with plenty of original features that have been widely replicated by other gaming software vendors. A leader in the online casino software development industry, Microgaming software powered the first online casino back in 1995. Today it is continually developing and releasing new real money and free play games, usually every month.
History of Microgaming Slots
- 1995 - The first online slots games became available when Microgaming launched its first casino.
- 1998 - Rolled out the first online wide area progressive slot, Cash Splash.
- 2000 - Launched the first no download, instant play version of Double Magic slots, Fantastic Sevens slots and Jurassic Jackpot slots.
- 2002 - Paid out record breaking $1.5 million jackpot on Major Millions slots.
- 2003 - Launched its unique Megaspin slots allowing players to spin multiple sets of reels at once.
- 2004 - Developed the first mobile slots game, Double Magic.
- 2005 - Launched the first branded slots game, Tomb Raider.
- 2008 - Released an innovative slots game that allows you to personalize the symbols on the reels with your own images or photos.
- 2009 - Released its 300th online slots title.
- 2009 - Paid out the biggest jackpot in online gambling history of over $6 million on Mega Moolah progressive slots.
- 2009 - Introduced the concept of 243 winning combinations, as opposed to specific paylines.
- 2009 - Hosted the largest ever online slots tournament, The Grand Slam of Slots, with a whopping $1 million first prize.
Unique Features of Microgaming Slots Program
Microgaming has set its slots program apart from its rival in many ways, including:
- Volume - Offers the largest volume of slots games with more than 400 unique titles to choose from.
- Jackpots - With 41 games, boasts one of the largest progressive jackpots networks in the industry, which has paid out over €320 million in winnings since it was established.
- Ways to Win - Invented the pay line-free 243 and 1024 ways to win slot games which have become so popular in the industry.
- Licensed Games - Pioneered the first branded slots games, with such hits as The Dark Knight, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider I and II, Hellboy, Hitman and The Osbournes.
- Cinematic Spins - Developed cinematic spins which, once enabled, allow players to watch film clips while playing. These are available on games such as The Dark Knight and Fellowship of the Rings.
- Re-Spins - This feature, released in the Reel Gems and Retro Reels games in 2010, allows players to select a reel to re-spin.
Microgaming Slots by the Numbers
As one of the biggest and most successful Microgaming casinos, our host casino offers a huge range of online slot games which include:
- 100+ Video slots
- 15 Progressive slots
- 150+ Classic slots
- 60+ Slot tournaments each month